‘Each undertaking, the activities of which include the carriage, or the related packing, loading, filling or unloading, of dangerous goods by road shall appoint one or more safety advisers for the carriage of dangerous goods, responsible for helping to prevent the risks inherent in such activities with regard to persons, property and the environment.’
Chapter 126.96.36.199, ADR 2015
If your company undertakes the movement of dangerous goods by road in quantities subject to ADR, a named DGSA is mandatory for legal compliance.
Chloros Environmental offer a DGSA service tailored to your company’s requirements. This can range from answering a simple telephone enquiry to the provision of a named DGSA who will undertake onsite auditing and written reports on your behalf.
With over 30 years experience in Dangerous Goods, Chemicals and Wastes, we offer a full consultancy service for companies who cannot justify the cost of a full time DGSA role, or even additional support to company management wherever unsure about detailed technical aspects of the regulations and the current interpretations.
Under the Chloros Environmental DGSA service our qualified adviser will:
- Conduct an initial site audit to identify and monitor current compliance with both ADR and CDG regulations
- Conduct an Annual Audit report that reviews arrangements and procedures, recommendations for improvements will also be given where necessary
- Provide reports on any incident or accident involving the loading, unloading and carriage of dangerous goods
- Provide regular advice and guidance on the carriage of dangerous goods
- Provide advice and guidance on the required training of any staff to comply with regulations and undertake their duties effectively
- Provide assistance with a security plan, where required
The scope and cost of the DGSA service contract varies depending on the size of the site or offices, frequency and amount of dangerous goods consignments, amount of vehicles covered and other factors.
Please contact us to discuss your company’s individual requirements for a no obligation quotation.